JMP Group Inc. (NYSE: JMP) is a full-service investment banking and asset management firm. DLPR has represented JMP Group since August 2011. The company and its analysts are regularly featured in the form of economic commentary, market analysis and thought leadership about particular companies.
JMP Group came to DLPR in August 2011 with a strong reputation among many corporate executives, dealmakers and investors. Yet, as a West coast-based firm competing with some of the biggest names on Wall Street, JMP sought greater recognition and credibility with corporate board members, asset managers, and other key members of the institutional investment community.
DLPR’s strategic media relations program is intended to:
- Build and strengthen JMP’s brand recognition at the national level.
- Position JMP Securities, the firm’s institutional brokerage and investment banking platform, as a leader in equity research and market analysis by promoting its analysts in four industries: Professional Services / Technology, healthcare, financial services and real estate.
- Position JMP Group president Carter Mack as a thought leader within investment banking.
DLPR is developing, managing, and implementing a strategic media relations campaign focusing on building and enhancing JMP’s reputation. The focal point of the campaign is targeting top-tier print and broadcast financial outlets – Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Barron’s and Financial Times – among others on the print side, and CNBC, Fox Business, and Bloomberg for broadcast.
To do so, DLPR pursues several tactics:
- One-on-one broadcast interviews focused on stock and sector analysis, M&A activity and IPO market trends.
- Top-tier print thought-leadership opportunities focused on key financial market issues and trends in Professional Services / Technology, healthcare, financial services and real estate.
- Media tours and in-person meetings in New York with top financial reporters, editors and producers.
- Message development and interview training for JMP’s roster of executives and spokespeople, most of whom had limited previous media experience.
DLPR secures regular top-tier print and broadcast coverage on behalf of JMP and has placed 11 different JMP spokespeople in the media since the program’s inception.
- JMP executives appear 10 times per month, on average, on CNBC, Bloomberg, and Fox Business.
JMP executives are quoted twice per week, on average, in Barron’s, Forbes, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, and Reuters, among other top-tier publications.